Followers

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

TED Talks

A friend of mine told me a story about the response to a question asked during an interview. He asked the interviewees, "What is your favorite TED talk? Some knew what he was referring to others said that they really enjoyed Ted, and all of what he spoke about. If you do not know about TED talks and podcasts, don't be embarrassed. I had no idea a couple of years ago, but now that I do, I am hooked and love the thought provoking talks that I listen to from insightful minds!

TED, stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful, talks in about 18 minutes or less. TED began in 1984 and as a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics- from science to business to global issues - in more than 100 languages. I have listened to many talks. The one characteristic that I enjoy about TED talks is the level of thought provocation. The talks focus on topics that are engaging and the speakers are authorities in their fields. I highly recommend TED talks if you are interested in listening to some of the most cutting edge perspectives on global issues.

For me, the educational talks are of most interest. Here is a link to the educational talks that are listed on the page.

By the way, in my interview, I mentioned that my favorite TED talk was from Sir Ken Robinson, "Do Schools Kill Creativity?"


I hope you enjoy and I hope you learn something that will make you think about something more deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment