Followers

Friday, March 11, 2016

Exit Tickets

Exit tickets
In many of the PLC/department meetings that I attend, my principal will inevitably mention formative assessments- how do we check for understanding. Rightly so, ideally we should not let a single student leave out class without having assessed their understanding. There are many ways that we can do this, and everyone has a technique or strategy that works best for their class.
I used exit tickets a lot last year but for some reason have gotten away from them. i have shifted to kinds of assessments like one on one conferencing (1-2 minutes), small group presentations, and artifacts of authentic learning. Some times I do not leave enough time at the end of class to give my students the opportunity to write an exit ticket.

An article I found gave me a whole bunch of options other than just the small paper written response. Have you heard of an app called Socratic, or quizizz, padlet or kahoot?


Here is the article. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/top-teaching/2015/03/using-exit-tickets-assessment-tool

I am curious if you use exit tickets in you classroom?

Do they work? Do you consider them a good source to gauge your student's understanding?


What kind of system do you use to "take the pulse" of your class and their level of mastery?

No comments:

Post a Comment