Seesaw is a free iOS or web based software program that helps teachers create and maintain a digital portfolio system style collection of student work. Here are the selling points right off the bat:
1) It is free for teachers and parents.
2) Easy to set up classes and enter students
3) Very easy to add artifacts into the portfolio
4) Enables a teacher to generate links to the work that is stored.
5) Supports in app blogging
6) Contains interactive whiteboard capabilities
7) Connects parents and teachers, and increases communication.
This tool is one of the most versital and yet easy to use apps for students, parents and teachers.
Here is a link to a presentation that I created to introduce Seesaw at a faculty meeting the other day.